An Environmental Management System (EMS) refers to the management of an organization’s environmental regulatory programs in a comprehensive, systematic, planned and documented manner. Our EMS programs are tailored to our client’s specific needs. They range from basic recordkeeping systems for smaller clients, to complex systems integrating databases for our larger, industrial clients.
In each case, the EMS:
- Serves as a tool to improve environmental performance
- Provides a systematic way of managing an organization’s environmental affairs
- Provides an overall management structure that addresses immediate and long-term impacts of its operations and processes on the environment
- Provides order and consistency for organizations to address environmental concerns through the allocation of resources, assignment of responsibility and ongoing evaluation of practices, procedures and processes
- Focuses on continual improvement of the system