Joe is a Project Engineer with 12 years’ experience in managing and implementing a diverse range of projects which includes; landfill construction projects, groundwater and soil sampling and remediation, site assessment and environmental monitoring, large-scale ecological monitoring, and oyster reef restorations. He has an extensive background in Project and Program Management, supervision of staff to include multi-disciplinary project teams, contractors and sub-contractors.
Recent projects include the design and installation oversight of an active gas collection and control system in a lined Construction and Demolition Debris (C&D) landfill. Field lead on the routine groundwater monitoring required for permit compliance of a 130 acre Class I landfill. Field lead on the Site Assessment of a facility with arsenic contaminated groundwater and soil and management of remedial activities. Joe is head of the EPS field services group.
Areas of Expertise
- Field Sampling Team Management and Implementation
- Groundwater, surface water, soil and sediment sampling
- Monitoring well installation oversight
- Landfill construction project design and oversight
- Landfill permit compliance
Michigan Technological University, 2002,
B.S. Environmental Engineering, Minor in Ecology
Henry Ford Community College, 1995
- Engineer-in-Training Certificate
- OSHA 40 Hour Health & Safety Training
- OSHA 8 Hour Refresher Health & Safety Training