Georgia EPD is proposing changes to Air Permit Fees, starting in State Fiscal Year 2019.
On May 23, 2018, the Georgia EPD DNR Board approved the proposed changes to Air Permit Fees, starting in State Fiscal Year 2019:
- There will be no changes to the FY2019 annual fee $/ton rate or minimum Title V fee.
- Beginning on March 1, 2019, facilities will be required to pay an air permit application fee based on permit type (list of fees provided below in the original 2017 article).
Update from March 2018:
The public hearing on the proposed changes will be held on April 9, 2018. Written comments are due by April 16, 2018.
The proposed amendments and fee manual are available here: https://epd.georgia.gov/chapter-391-3-1-air-quality-control
Original article from 2017:
Draft Fee Manual: https://epd.georgia.gov/air/documents/draft-air-permit-fee-manual
- No proposed change to the current annual fees ($37.34 per ton for coal-fired EGUs and $35.50 for all other sources).
- Beginning March 1, 2019, air permit application fees would be required based on permit type:
Minor Source Permit or Amendment: $250
Synthetic Minor Source Permit or Amendment: $1000
Major Source Permit not PSD or 112(g): $2000
Name / Ownership Change: $250
Title V 502(b)(10) Permit Amendment: $2000
Title V Minor Modification with Construction: $2000
Title V Minor Modification without Construction: $2000
Title V Significant Modification with Construction: $2000
Title V Significant Modification without Construction: $2000
PSD Permit or 112(g) Permit: $7500
Nonattainment NSR Permit: $7500
- These application fees do not include the optional expedited permit fee.
- EPD is hosting a stakeholder meeting on November 13, 2017 to review the proposed changes.
For more information, please contact your EPS consultant.