On 10/01/2015, EPA signed a final rule lowering the ozone NAAQS to 70 ppb (from the current standard of 75 ppb).
- Federal Register Publication: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2015-10-26/pdf/2015-26594.pdf
- Overview Fact Sheet: http://www3.epa.gov/ozonepollution/pdfs/20151001overviewfs.pdf
- Designations/Permitting Fact Sheet: http://www3.epa.gov/ozonepollution/pdfs/20151001designationsfs.pdf
- Implementation Memo: http://www3.epa.gov/ozonepollution/pdfs/20151001memo.pdf
- Final Rule: http://www3.epa.gov/ozonepollution/pdfs/20151001fr.pdf
- EPA Website: http://www3.epa.gov/ozonepollution/actions.html
- October 1, 2016: States recommend nonattainment designations.
- June 1, 2017: EPA response to states’ recommendations.
- October 1, 2017: EPA issues final nonattainment designations.
- 2020-2021: States must submit SIPs.
- 2020-2037: Attainment due dates (vary by severity).
EPA is including grandfathering provisions for certain PSD permit applications that are still in process. EPA will also be issuing several supplemental rules for implementation of the standard.
For more information, contact your EPS consultant.